Be careful what you send: messages aren’t necessarily encrypted, and you can’t create an attorney-client relationship simply from filling out this web form.
FORMS & VIEWS
NEWS & UPDATES
Dustin Prudhomme is providing new opportunities for cigar makers and consumers through new and innovative distribution channels. Prudhomme’s company, Cajun Cigar Czar, provides high quality
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, all non-essential Criminal District Court and Criminal Superior Courts, will automatically be continued at least thirty days in an effort
t’s Official! As of February 7, 2020, FLETCHER LEGAL, PLLC is officially registered as a North Carolina Law Firm! More on this to follow!
ADVICE & BLOGROLL
In North Carolina, if you’re absolutely hammered, try and find a Segway instead of an electric scooter; it might just save you a DWI charge!
As always, we begin our analysis by reviewing the relevant law, N.C.G.S. 20-138.1: “A person commits the offense of Impaired Driving if he drives any vehicle upon any highway, any street, or any public vehicular area within this state: While under
Drugged Driving – or Drug DWI – is a form of “Impaired Driving,” under N.C.G.S. 20-138.1. This is the same law that the State uses to convict drunk drivers. In other words, the same law governs drunk driving and drugged driving. But, operating under the influence of drugs, and operating under the influence of alcohol, are two very different things.
HOW TO SETUP CASH APP ON YOUR SMARTPHONE TO PAY ATTORNEY FEES
WHAT IS CASH APP? Cash App is the name of a popular mobile payment service which lets you electronically send money to friends and family with just a smartphone. Cash App is free to use and accepts debit cards, credit cards, and Bitcoin. Here’s a closer look at what Cash App is, how to set it up, and how to send your first payment.
CASH APP IS A MOBILE SUBSIDERY OF SQUARE. Formerly known as Square Cash, Cash App is a peer-to-peer mobile payment app founded by mobile payment platform Square in 2013. Cash App lets you send money to someone with just a phone number, email address, or $Cashtag (a unique Cash App ID).
OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT CASH APP. Cash App is free to use for sending, receiving, and transferring money using a debit card or bank account. Credit card transfers will attract a 3% transaction fee.
Cash App does not currently support international money transfers (domestic transfers only). Transfers are sent immediately and can be deposited to a domestic bank account same-day for a fee, or within one to three days for free. By default, you can send up to $250 within any 7-day period and receive up to $1,000 within any 30-day period. You can increase these limits, however. Payments are instant and generally can’t be cancelled if you make an error.
CASH APP IS AVAILABLE FOR iPHONE AND ANDROID. Currently, Cash App doesn’t support payments to international recipients. If you need to send international payments, considering using another payment service.
HOW SECURE IS CASH APP
ENCRYPTED DATA. According to Cash App, any Information you submit is encrypted and sent to their servers securely, both over Wi-Fi connections or data services (3G, 4G, or EDGE).
PCI-DSS LEVEL I COMPLIANT. Cash App is also PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1 compliant. PCI-DSS is an industry standard set up by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council to ensure that merchants adhere to a high level of security when processing credit cards electronically.
OPTIONAL VIRTUAL PRIVATE NETWORK (VPN) USEAGE. While Cash App transactions are encrypted, you may also want to consider using a VPN (virtual private network) app when using financial services like Cash App over public Wi-Fi.
HOW TO SET UP CASH APP ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
STEP-BY-STEP INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS. If you’re ready to give Cash App a try, here are the step-by-step instructions to set up the app on your smartphone and send your first payment. These instructions apply to both iPhone and Android.
1. DOWNLOAD CASH APP. To begin, you’ll need to download Cash App to your smartphone.
2. ENTER PHONE NUMBER OR EMAIL ADDRESS. If it’s your first time using the app, you’ll be prompted to enter a phone number or email login ID. Choose how you prefer to receive verification codes from Cash App. You will then be sent a code to verify your account.
3. VERIFICATION. To verify the app, enter the code you were sent into Cash App.
4. ENTER BANKING INFORMATION. Once verified, you’ll be asked to enter a bank using your debit card. You’ll need to enter your debit card number here (a credit card will not work). You can also skip this step and add your debit card later.
5. ENTER NAME. Enter your first and last name as it appears on your debit card.
6. CHOOSE A USERNAME OR $CASHTAG. Choose a $Cashtag, which is your unique identifier in Cash App, and it can also be used to get paid by someone. A $Cashtag must include at least one letter and a maximum of 20 characters. For example, $JohnSmith123.
7. (OPTIONAL) INVITE FRIENDS. You will be asked if you want to invite friends to get a Cash App bonus of $5. This step is strictly optional. You will have the option to add a contact later when making a payment.
HOW TO MAKE A PAYMENT USING CASHAPP
DETAILS NEEDED TO SEND PAYMENT. Once you’ve installed Cash App on your smartphone, it’s a straightforward matter to send money to someone. You need to have a payment method set up (if you haven’t set it up already), and you need to have the recipient’s phone number, email address, or $Cashtag.
CASH APP FLETCHER LEGAL:
ADD A PAYMENT METHOD TO CASH APP
SETUP A FUNDING SOURCE. If you haven’t set up a debit card or other type of funding source yet yet, you’ll need to do this before sending a payment. If you’ve already set up a debit card, skip this and go to the next section.
1. SETUP A PAYMENT METHOD. To set up a payment method, open Cash App and click the bank building symbol at the bottom of the screen.
2. PAYMENT METHODS CAN INCLUDE BANK ACCOUNT(S), DEBIT CARD(S), OR BITCOIN. On the next screen, you have the option of setting up a Bank Account (debit card), Cash, or Bitcoin for making payments. Choose the funding source you wish to use and follow the on-screen instructions.
SEND A PAYMENT USING CASH APP
BEGIN SENDING PAYMENTS. Once you’ve set up your funding source, then you can begin sending payments. With a few quick taps, you’ll be sending money to your friends and family.
1. ENTER AMOUNT TO SEND. From the Cash App transfer money screen, type in the amount you want to send, then tap the Pay button at the bottom.
2. ENTER RECIPIENT. On the next screen, enter the recipient’s name, $Cashtag, phone number, or email. To find all of your friends, tap Enable Contacts which will give Cash App access your smartphone’s contact list and allow you to see which of your contacts have Cash App installed.
3. SPECIFY FUNDING SOURCE. If you have more than one type of payment method set up (for example, a debit card AND a credit card) you’ll want to specify the funding source before you pay. The funding source dropdown is located at the top of the screen (circled in yellow below).
4. COMPLETE TRANSFER. To complete the transfer, tap Pay in the top right corner of the screen. If successful, you’ll receive a confirmation that payment was sent.
5. NOTIFICATION. After you’ve sent the payment, the recipient will be notified of the payment.
HOW TO CASH OUT USING CASHAPP
IF YOU HAVE RECEIVED FUNDS. If you’ve received funds from Cash App, you can cash out through the app using your bank account. Here’s how to do it.
1. TO CASH OUT. To cash out, open Cash App and tap the $ sign at the bottom left of the screen to access your available funds.
2. VERIFICATION. Then, tap Cash Out. On the next screen, tap Cash Out again.
3. CHOOSE STANDARD OR INSTANT TRANSFER. Choose how you want to transfer funds to your bank. You can either do an Instant transfer for a fee, or a Standard transfer (one to three days).
4. SELECT BANK. Select a U.S. bank to transfer your funds. If your bank is not on the list, you can search for it.
5. LOG IN TO CHOSEN BANK. Log in to your chosen bank to complete the transfer.
U.S. House of Representatives
Code of Federal Regulations
Federal Court Finder
U.S. Supreme Court
Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
U.S. Census Bureau
CDC | Vital Records by State
Federal Bureau of Prisons | Inmate Locator
Federal Bureau of Prisons | Location by Map
WHERE WE GO: GEOGRAPHIC PRACTICE AREAS
Serving: Mecklenburg, Union, Gaston, Cabarrus, Iredell, Rowan, Cleveland, Lincoln, Stanly, Davidson, Catawba, and Anson Counties, as well as Charlotte, Huntersville, Cornelius, Davidson, Lake Norman, Mooresville, Troutman, Statesville, Matthews, Mint Hill, Harrisburg, Weddington, Waxhaw, Indian Trail, Monroe, Wadesboro, Wingate, Polkton, Concord, Kannapolis, China Grove, Salisbury, Lexington, Thomasville, High Point, Denver, Lincolnton, Newton, Conover, Hickory, Belmont, Lowell, Mt. Holly, Lowesville, Gastonia, Dallas, Bessemer City, Kings Mountain, Shelby, Pineville, Midland, Locust, Albemarle, Rockingham, Asheville, Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Raleigh, and Wilmington.
FLETCHER LEGAL HELPS CLIENTS JUST LIKE YOU!
SERIOUS CASES REQUIRE SERIOUS REPRESENTATION. If you or someone you know has questions restoring their firearm rights, or to begin the process of restoring your gun rights now, call FLETCHER LEGAL at 704-747-7262, shoot that number a text, step into our virtual lobby for a video call, or book an appointment now for your free case evaluation. Fletcher Legal has helped clients restore North Carolina firearm rights, appeal from pistol purchase denials, and challenge concealed carry decisions. We conduct independent investigations in every case we take, which reduces denials, and ensures a smooth hearing.
VIRTUAL SERVICES REDUCE CLIENT EXPENSES. Schedule an appointment today to speak with Attorney Fletcher, either by video call, text message, or phone call. We offer flexible payment arrangements, independent investigations, and 24 x 7 emergency services. Book an appointment online now to begin building your defense.